|← Episode 4 →|
1991, January 18 (January 25 in Pacific Time Zone)
1990, July 23 - August 28
MP6313, Dark Shadows: The Revival (The Complete Series)
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows Episode 4|
The ghost of Sara Collins leads Victoria to her diary. An evil apparition of Angelique (nemesis from the past) begins to haunt Barnabas.
My name is Victoria Winters. Storm winds lash the Great House of Collinwood and all within it, for a secret has been uncovered. A secret as ancient as the house itself. A secret that on this night will turn friend against friend -- and death will claim one of them.
Dr. Julia Hoffman and Sheriff George Patterson are forced to stake Professor Michael Woodard when he, now a vampire, attacks them in his home. Victoria Winters meets the ghost of Sarah Collins, who gives Victoria her diary from the eighteenth century in an effort to warn Barnabas Collins about the spirit of Angelique. David Collins, mystically controlled by his mother Laura, uses a voodoo doll to attack his father, and Maggie Evans tells Victoria that Laura is a witch.
- Barnabas: I'm not without sympathy for your feelings, Julia, and I know he was your friend... But I did not kill him.
Background information and notes
- This was the first hour-long episode of the series to air. Episodes 1, 2, and 3 were aired as two separate TV movies.
- Michael T. Weiss does not appear in this episode.
- This episode states several ideas that will appear in the 1790 flashback: Barnabas and Victoria discuss Josette du Prés having married Jeremiah Collins. This is later shown in Episode 8. Barnabas later tells Willie Loomis that his sister Sarah died at a young age because she had become ill. He also explains that he tried to save her. This is later shown in Episode 12.
- This is the only episode of the series to refer to Laura Collins. She is otherwise mentioned only in deleted material from Episode 1. This footage can be seen on the MPI Home Video release of this episode on video cassette.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- 13:37 Victoria knocks on David's bedroom door but the knock makes no sound.
- 43:12 As the pages of Sarah's diary flip over with the breeze you can see many pages are the same.