|← 883 →|
October 23, 1969
|We have 35 images of Dark Shadows 883|
- As a storm rages over the great house at Collinwood, a desperate trio fights to save the life of an exhaused Quentin Collins. For Angelique, Barnabas and Charity know that the moment Quentin falls asleep, Count Petofi in a trance at Charles Tate's studio will recapture Quentin's body. But nothing has been able to break the trance, and each minute Quentin's danger increases. Now it is so grave that Charity, learning that a possession of Petofi's could give Angelique more power over him, has secretly run off to to the studio to steal something, knowing that in doing so she is facing the greatest peril of her life.
Petofi holds Charity hostage in order to get Quentin; however Quentin had already left Collinsport. Petofi catches Barnabas and plans to use his body to travel to the future. Petofi enters the trance however Garth Blackwood shows up and interrupts him. Blackwood sets Charles' studio on fire with Petofi inside. Charity has a vision in which she sees the portrait of Quentin burn.
Garth Blackwood: The stone of justice grinds slowly...but steadily...and crushes all its enemies beneath it!
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask / Pansy Faye
- Thayer David as Andreas Petofi
- Roger Davis as Charles Delaware Tate
- John Harkins as Garth Blackwood
Background information and notes
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 881.
- Final appearance of character Count Andreas Petofi.
- Final appearance of character Garth Blackwood.
- Final appearance of the characters Charity Trask and Pansy Faye. Her voice will be heard for the final time in 887. Nancy Barrett would later reprise these characters in the Big Finish audio dramas, beginning with The Poisoned Soul.
- Final time an episode is narrated by Roger Davis.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Pansy: He'll kill me; Charles: Garth Blackwood.
- TIMELINE: Quentin has one hour left until Count Petofi takes him over. Petofi wants to see Quentin in thirty minutes.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- A crew member can be seen on the right side of the frame in Charles's studio after Charles rescues Count Petofi's glasses from Charity, just before he ties her up.
- Petofi orders Charles to tell Quentin that if he does not come to Charles's studio in half an hour, Charity will die. At Collinwood, Charles tells Barnabas that Quentin must arrive "within an hour."