|← 882 →|
October 19, 1969
|We have 30 images of Dark Shadows 882|
- This night Quentin Collins is preparing to leave the great house and Collinsport so that he can escape the dangerous Count Petofi. But at Charles Tate's studio, Petofi has already begun his battle to recapture Quentin's body. Although Quentin is unaware of this insidious danger, there is someone this night at Collinwood who can see the future, and what she has just seen ahead for Quentin Collins fills her with terror.
Charity warns Quentin he must stay awake to defeat Petofi. Barnabas asks Angelique to help Quentin; she reveals that in order to stay on earth she must make a man love her without the use of witchcraft. Everyone tries to keep Quentin awake. Angelique plans to cast a spell on Petofi; Charity goes to get something that belongs to Petofi. Petofi catches Charity.
- Angelique: Barnabas, before I came here this time, I was in the everlasting pits of hell, with other creatures of my kind. Only my stay here on earth made me dissatisfied with my life then.
- Charity/Pansy: Pansy Faye never missed a show in her life.
- Charity/Pansy (to Quentin): You drift away, love, you'll drift back sadly changed.
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask / Pansy Faye
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Thayer David as Andreas Petofi
- Lara Parker as Angelique Bouchard Collins
Background information and notes
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 879.
- Before Angelique came to the year 1897, she was in the everlasting pits of hell. She was to make one man fall in love with her without the use of spells in order to become human again. (This somewhat explains her calling off the engagement to Quentin weeks ago. While she had not used any witchcraft, she knew he didn't love her.)
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Pansy: The minute he falls asleep / Impossible?; Quentin: Mustn’t sleep.
- TIMELINE: Day 334 begins, and will end in 886. There are four hours until Quentin's train leaves.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- Jonathan Frid flubs a line: "Angelique can perform...certain psychic things."