|← 865 →|
October 11, 1969
|We have 26 images of Dark Shadows 865|
- Collinwood in the year 1897. No single event in this era has been as terrifying or evil as that involving Quentin Collins and Count Petofi. Using his enormous powers, Petofi has successfully transfered his own diabolical mind into the body of Quentin and vice versa. And on this night, a young woman with certain mental powers of her own will begin to sense the truth.
Charity senses Petofi's evil presence in Quentin, and has a vision of the real Quentin imprisoned at the Mill. Charity communicates these revelations to Angelique.
After a confrontation, Petofi takes away Angelique's powers. He asks Angelique about the cove at Shipwreck Point. She refuses to tell Petofi anything but he realizes that Angelique and Julia are plotting something, and locks Angelique in the cave with Barnabas's coffin.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Count Petofi: You're the one who really loses, Angelique. Think of what you might have had: the mind of Count Petofi and the body of Quentin Collins. It's really quite an incredible combination. Believe me, I know.
- Count Petofi: (to Angelique) You have not yet felt the full power of this hand, my dear.
- Quentin (in Count Petofi's body) (to Aristede): I was wrong. You're not crazy. You're stupid.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask / Pansy Faye
- David Selby as Quentin Collins / Andreas Petofi
- Thayer David as Andreas Petofi / Quentin Collins
- Lara Parker as Angelique Bouchard Collins
- Michael Stroka as Aristede
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 870.
- The Collinsport Afghan covers the foot of Charity's bed.
- The Dan Curtis Productions logo and copyright date do not appear at the end of the credits.
- Quentin (in Count Petofi's body) refers to The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge when he tells Aristede that he would be "An albatross around [Petofi's] neck" if he went with Petofi to the future.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Angelique bobbles and recovers - "Quentin! Is your bidness — business finished so soon?"
- Petofi has an odd line - "While Charity was bantering on tonight, I kept looking at you for a sign… but your face was nothing."
- Yellow tape can be seen on the floor where Angelique falls.