|← 864 →|
September 30, 1969
|We have 24 images of Dark Shadows 864|
- Collinwood, at the turn of the century. Quentin, trapped in the body of Count Petofi, has attempted with Evan Hanley to undo what has been done and regain his own body. But at the end of the ceremony Petofi still lives in Quentin's body and is intent upon revenge as a spell-bound Evan Hanley learns.
Count Petofi allows Evan Hanley to live in order to spy on Angelique. Evan discovers Angelique has been going to a secret cove on Shipwreck Point and reports to Quentin. Charity announces to Angelique that Quentin is not Quentin.
- Petofi/Quentin (to Evan): Do you deserve to live? Why? To playact at your black arts, to be a dilettante warlock?
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask / Pansy Faye
- Lara Parker as Angelique Bouchard Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins / Andreas Petofi
- Roger Davis as Charles Delaware Tate
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Evan Hanley
Background information and notes
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 860.
- Coburn's Pharmacy can be contacted on Collinsport 687.
- Shipwreck Point contains a cave used as Angelique's underground lair.
- TIMELINE: Day 328 begins, and will end in 865. 8:50pm: Count Petofi and Evan in drawing room. Evan is to report back to Petofi at 10pm. 9pm: Angelique returns to Collinwood. 10:05pm: Petofi leaves to find Evan.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- Stage lights are visible in the graveyard.
- Pansy and Angelique are talking in the foyer, and it's established that it's morning - yet when Pansy opens the front door, it's dark outside. (Possibly a very, very cloudy morning?)
- The window sash falls down as Charity enters the Tate's studio. Roger Davis turns to look at it before he continues the scene.
- Nancy Barrett can be seen at the top of the stairs waiting for her cue when Angelique leaves the drawing room.
- Evan arrives at Collinwood at 8:50 pm, speaks with Petofi/Quentin, is sent back to Shipwreck Point, sees Angelique leave the underground cavern and goes down, and then Angelique arrives back at Collinwood at 9:00. While it is not specified how far Shipwreck Point is from Collinwood, it seems unlikely that all that could happen in the span of 10 minutes.
- David Selby flubs a line: "Don't you think it's possible for one's...change...or one's taste to change in brandy?"
- When Petofi enters the house in the last scene, a camera is briefly in shot.