|← 856 →|
September 24, 1969
|We have 27 images of Dark Shadows 856|
- Collinwood near the turn of the century. All who live in the great house have come to know the terror that can be inflicted by Count Petofi. But no one knows it better than Quentin Collins, who this night is menaced by the most terrible of Petofi's powers.
Count Petofi and Quentin's minds switch bodies. Quentin (Petofi) tells Petofi (Quentin) that he will be using his body to travel to the future. Petofi reveals that Quentin's portrait has conferred immortality on his body.
Petofi (Quentin) tries to convince Magda that he is really Quentin, but she doesn't believe him; later Beth does not believe him either.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Quentin (in Petofi's body): I don’t believe this is happening. It’s a nightmare I’m having!
- Petofi (in Quentin's body): Oh, but it is happening! Quentin — your mind and spirit are now in the body of Count Petofi, and my mind and spirit are in the body of Quentin Collins.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Thayer David as Andreas Petofi / Quentin Collins
- Terry Crawford as Beth Chavez
- Michael Stroka as Aristede
- David Selby as Quentin Collins / Andreas Petofi
- Grayson Hall as Magda Rakosi
Background information and notes Edit
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Beth: (recalling Quentin, Magda and Aristede's words) (reprised from the previous episode) / Could it be too late?; Quentin: No one would believe me.
- TIMELINE: Quentin wants to meet Beth at 3am in the cottage.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- After Count Petofi, his body now inhabited by the mind of Quentin, puts on the eyeglasses that Aristede hands to him, a loud sneeze is heard coming from off camera.
- When Quentin/Count Petofi is chasing Aristede for his glasses, the two collide into a "brick" wall, which shakes and bends under their weight.
- When Magda comes out of the bushes and trees as Petofi/Quentin approaches, her shawl catches on a branch, and she has to take it mostly off to proceed.