|← 776 →|
June 9, 1969
|We have 9 images of Dark Shadows 776|
- This night has been dark and filled with dread for an unnatural creature has been let loose to force his will upon those he claims as victims. Dirk Wilkins has made a deadly demand upon Barnabas Collins, a demand that must be met by dawn, and now the dawn is nearing.
Tim hears Judith fire three shots. He runs into the cellar and finds Rachel has been shot. He wants to know why, but Judith, still under Dirk's spell, won't answer.
At Collinwood, Trask gives Edward a drink. Trask doesn’t trust or like Barnabas. He thinks that what is good for Barnabas is not good for the rest of them. Judith comes in with the gun which Edward takes from her. Their grandmother brought it back from France. Trask wants to deal with the evil in this house and he prays.
Dirk summons Judith again, and Edward follows her to Dirk's hiding place.
Tim carries Rachel back to The Old House. He wants to get Dr. Brooks on the edge of town. Rachel recalls that as children she and Tim pretended their fathers were whaling captains and they sang a sea shanty song. Tim tries to comfort her, but Rachel dies in his arms.
The vampire Dirk Wilkins is destroyed.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Judith Collins
- Louis Edmonds as Edward Collins
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Rachel Drummond
- Jerry Lacy as Gregory Trask
- Roger Davis as Dirk Wilkins
- Don Briscoe as Timothy Shaw
Background information and notes Edit
- Edith Collins brought the revolver that now belongs to Judith back from France.
- When they were children, Tim and Rachel would pretend their fathers were whaling captains, and they would sing sea shanties.
- Rachel remembers a big white house overlooking the ocean.
- Dr. Brooks' office is on the edge of Collinsport.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Judith: (responds to Dirk's summons); Edward: She's going to the vampire.
- TIMELINE: It's almost night.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- When Tim rushes into the basement after hearing Judith fire the gun, we see Judith standing still holding the gun, and Joan Bennett clears her throat as the camera shot begins.
- In Edward's first scene (with Trask), his mustache is applied crookedly.
- The camera is in plain view as Timothy carries Rachel into the Old House parlor.
- Edward stakes Dirk in the middle of the body, not where the heart is, nevertheless Dirk still dies.