|← 728 →|
April 2, 1969
|We have 12 images of Dark Shadows 728|
- Collinwood in the year 1897: Barnabas Collins has gone back in time, hoping to unravel the mysteries of the past in order to save the life of a young boy in the present, but his progress has been impeded by several obstacles, including the appearance of old enemies who would like to destroy him. But his severest handicap is one he has long been familiar with, for back in this time, Barnabas Collins must suffer the terrible curse that was placed on him so long ago. Once again he is a creature of the night, one of the living dead.
Quentin asks Edward where Jenny is; however, he refuses to tell. Quentin discusses Laura Collins (Edward’s wife) who apparently left Collinsport with him a year earlier. Nora draws a picture in Egyptian hieroglyphics that say her mother is coming home; later she sees her mother in the flames of the fireplace.
- Edward: I think we've come to the end of this conversation Quentin!
- Quentin: Not quite! We've only discussed my wife. We haven't gotten around to yours.
- Edward: And we're not going to.
- Edward (to Quentin, regarding Jenny): I understand a great many things, including her desire to kill you.
- Quentin (to Edward): Your pomposity is disgusting.
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Louis Edmonds as Edward Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Denise Nickerson as Nora Collins
Background information and notes
- Charity Task is the third character portrayed by Nancy Barrett who falls under Barnabas' vampiric influence (Carolyn Stoddard and Millicent Collins are the others).
- Edward's wife, Laura, is first mentioned by name. Quentin last saw her in Alexandria, Egypt. She has been gone from Collinwood for a year.
- Nora draws a pyramid with Egyptian hieroglyphics under it.
- TIMELINE: Day 286 begins, and will end in 729. It was last night when Judith attempted to send Jamison and Nora to Worthington Hall and when Jamison ran away and disappeared. It's afternoon. Edward will wait a day or so before considering whether to send Jamison and Nora to Worthington Hall.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- When Edward slams the door of the study, the wall shakes slightly.
- In a close-up shot, the blue papers seen on the table when Nora is drawing are revealed to be script pages.
- Louis Edmonds flubs the line "I refuse to be intimidated by anyone, least of all by my own son" as "I refuse to be intimidated by anyone, by at least my own son."