|← 716 →|
March 17, 1969
|We have 7 images of Dark Shadows 716|
- Barnabas Collins finds himself unexpectedly back in time in the year 1897 when Collinwood was filled with intrigue and terror. A terror that the new governess in the great house will discover as she finally encounters the secret kept locked in the tower room.
Rachel is knocked unconscious by Jenny who then locks her in the tower room. Dirk finds Nora outside Collinwood, who later claims she is waiting for her mother to return. Jenny starts wandering around the house. Dirk rescues Rachel from the tower room. Rachel tells Judith what has happened, denying that anyone was in the tower room. Judith finds Jenny who now has a sharp pair of scissors.
Judith says that Nora's mother's doctors send her letters about her treatment. Nora and Jamison have found the letters the children write to their mother in a drawer.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Rachel: While we're sitting here, there's some maniac running loose in the house.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Judith Collins
- Roger Davis as Dirk Wilkins
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Rachel Drummond
- Marie Wallace as Jenny Collins
- Denise Nickerson as Nora Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- Marie Wallace returns to the cast after an absence of 80 episodes. First appearance of character Jenny Collins. This was the second role played by Wallace in the original series.
- First appearance of character Nora Collins. This was the second role played by actress Denise Nickerson in the original series.
- New music, featuring unaccompanied flute, is heard as Jenny hides from Judith and Nora.
- Dirk's rounds as caretaker include locking the gate; checking the gatehouse, the Old House, and the cottage; and ending up back at the main Collinwood wing at 2am.
- Jenny finds a Raggedy Ann doll in Nora's room.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Rachel: Finding out what really happened.
- TIMELINE: Dirk normally finishes his duties at 2am, (meaning the current hour is still sometime before that).
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- When Dirk rushes into the tower room after breaking the door open, it sounds like he calls Rachel "Maggie."
- Rachel starts to walk toward the Old House, but in the next scene is outside the door to Nora's room.
- A shadow appears on Dirk's face as he talks to Judith in the drawing room.
- The Raggedy Ann doll is an unusual anachronism - it wasn't introduced until 1915.