|← 586 →|
September 16, 1968
|We have 26 images of Dark Shadows 586|
- Clouds obscure the moon over Collinwood, the house is as dark as one man's intention; for he feels he has been betrayed by the man who promised to make him a mate, and now he must do what he has threatened.
Adam almost kills Victoria. Nicholas tries to convince Carolyn that Adam was not the one who tried to strangle Victoria. Nicholas is upset when he finds that Barnabas and Julia were planning to use Maggie for the life force. After being coached by Nicholas, Adam goes to Barnabas telling him that the experiment will continue and Carolyn will be the life force.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Adam: (to Victoria) I don't hate you, but you're the only one Barnabas loves... Barnabas must know what it is like to be alone, as I know. He has condemned me to being alone forever, so he must be alone too.
- Barnabas: Vicki, Vicki, I have caused this curse. The curse! Is it still alive even if Angelique is not? Must everyone I love die? Even now after two hundred years?
- Nicholas: Love is not a word that I use.
- Adam: (to Barnabas) The only woman I want to bring that body alive…the woman I want my wife to be like... is Carolyn Stoddard.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Robert Rodan as Adam
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair
- Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters
Background information and notes Edit
- The last time the door to Adam's room appeared, it was smashed. In this episode it has been replaced.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Adam: Barnabas must know what it's like to be alone, (reprised from previous episode) / He will know what it is like; Barnabas: The curse is still alive.
- TIMELINE: This is the second consecutive episode of the long night sequence that started in 585.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- When Carolyn leaves the room, the first line of Barnabas is garbled. As he continues, there is a voice that says, "I have," while Barnabas is still speaking. The voice-over cue is given before Jonathan Frid finishes his spoken dialog.
- A boom microphone shadow can be seen as Adam and Nicholas talk about what happened to Victoria.
- When Barnabas asks Carolyn if there is another way into Victoria's room, she says there isn't, but when Victoria was in the past, she used a secret entrance into the same room that she knew of from living in that room in the present. Carolyn has lived at Collinwood for longer than Victoria, it seems unusual that she would not know that the secret entrance exists.