|← 561 →|
August 5, 1968
|We have 21 images of Dark Shadows 561|
- The residents of Collinwood, on this night, are unaware of dangers that exist elsewhere. Joe Haskell has accepted an invitation to go to a strange house by the sea. In that house, to his surprise, he has found a frightened, desperate girl. He does not know the danger she represents; for in reality she is one of the living dead.
When Joe comes to, he sees Nicholas and learns that Angelique and he have put him up to a trick. He realizes he's her slave and he has to come up with lies for Barnabas and Maggie; Nicholas gloats.
Barnabas returns from Collinwood, where he called Joe's house and the Cannery, and tells Julia of the incidents from last night. Joe frets over Angélique; Barnabas visits him and notices his paleness, which Joe attributes to a too-early release from the Hospital. The phone rings, and Joe admits it's Maggie and he’s reluctant to talk to her... he also refuses a doctor. Barnabas wants Julia to examine Joe, but realizes the experiment comes first.
Willie continues to worry about his upcoming tasks; Blair pays a visit to Barnabas, explaining that he and Joe got carried away drinking and telling stories. Angelique learns how to summon her victim, Joe, who tries to resist. He fails, and on his way he catches Willie digging a grave.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Angelique: Would you mind if I put my head on your shoulder for a moment?
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Joel Crothers as Joe Haskell
- John Karlen as Willie Loomis
- Lara Parker as Angelique Bouchard Collins
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair
Background information and notes Edit
- Joe's apartment number is 24. The apartments of Burke Devlin and Tony Peterson were also 24. This is the same set redressed. The only difference is that the original front door is no longer there. The front door in Joe's apartment was the kitchen in Burke's hotel room. We never saw what that room was in Tony's apartment.
- The Collinsport Afghan, last seen at the Evans cottage, is now on Joe's bed.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Joe: Why can't I get Angelique out of my mind? x2
- TIMELINE: Day 227 begins, and will end in 563. Joe went to the Nicholas' house last night. It's afternoon.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The Collinsport Fly lands on Joe's telephone, seemingly to answer the ringing telephone, but nobody, including the fly, answers it.
- The telephone in Joe's apartment does not have a dial.
- As in the previous episode, Willie backs into a pillar in the Old House, and the pillar wobbles.