|← 543 →|
July 10, 1968
|We have 17 images of Dark Shadows 543|
- The great house of Collinwood appears serene in the afternoon sunshine. But one man's life is in grave danger. He is about to discover the secret of the closed off west wing. And the discovery of that secret may result in his death.
Adam is furious to find Harry outside his room. Harry lies and claims that Carolyn sent him. Once Adam lets him go, Harry pulls a knife and tells him he intends to collect the reward for his capture. Adam overpowers him, and is about to kill him when Carolyn interrupts.
Carolyn tells Adam to let Harry go, but Harry then tries to blackmail her for keeping Adam a secret. Carolyn responds that she knows enough to send him back to prison, so they come to an agreement: Harry will help her with Adam, and Carolyn will tell his mother that she's hired him as the family chauffeur. Adam kisses Carolyn, but she asks him never to do it again. Nicholas summons Dr. Lang's ghost.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Nicholas: The first order of business is to find Lang, and find out all he knows.
- Cassandra: Unfortunately that's impossible... Dr. Lang is dead.
- Nicholas: Well that does present some problems, but they're not insurmountable.
- Harry: Blackmail is an ugly word. Let's call it an exchange of favors.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Robert Rodan as Adam
- Lara Parker as Cassandra Collins
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair
- Craig Slocum as Harry Johnson
- Addison Powell as Eric Lang
Background information and notes Edit
- Addison Powell returns to the cast after an absence of 55 episodes.
- Final appearance of character Eric Lang. The recording of his voice on the tape recorder will be heard for the final time in 545.
- Eric Lang's tombstone reads: Born 1913, Died 1968.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Cassandra: Destroying Adam.
- TIMELINE: 11:30pm: Nicholas returns to Collinwood.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- A boom microphone shadow can be seen as Nicholas returns to Collinwood.
- When Nancy Barrett exits Adam's room, she has to wait more than ten seconds before Craig Slocum finally realizes that he has to speak his line.