|← 514 →|
May 27, 1968
|We have 8 images of Dark Shadows 514|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
- The terror of this night cannot be seen. It is felt by the mistress of Collinwood, who will go without sleep as she thinks of nothing but death. In the Old House on the Collins estate, it will be felt by Barnabas Collins, sealed behind a brick wall and left to die, his terrible fate unknown to anyone else. And before this night is over, it will be felt by a young woman in Collinsport, as she will respond to the sounds of the long dead past.
Maggie goes to the Old House wearing Josette's emerald earrings, not quite sure why she came there, but Willie is delighted to see her. He reminds her that she agreed to go out with him sometime and she agrees. Aftter a phone call at Collinwood, Elizabeth goes to the Old House seeking Barnabas to tell him that Adam has been seen in Collinsport. Willie receives the message (since Barnabas appears to not be around), and Elizabeth suddenly becomes obsessed with death and leaves. Later Joe finds Willie outside Maggie's house and threatens him. When Willie refuses to leave, Joe hits him. Willie goes into the house saying Joe hit him, and suddenly Adam walks in and yells, "Willie bad!"
Memorable quotes[edit | edit source]
Maggie (to Joe): Now how can I tell you something I don't know?
Dramatis personae[edit | edit source]
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- Joel Crothers as Joe Haskell
- John Karlen as Willie Loomis
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans
- Robert Rodan as Adam
Background information and notes[edit | edit source]
Production[edit | edit source]
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 504.
Story[edit | edit source]
- TIMELINE: It was the "other day" when Sam befriended Adam,(occurred in 508). Three days ago Adam was a total stranger to Sam.
Bloopers and continuity errors[edit | edit source]
- Kathryn Leigh Scott fluffs her line, "We’ve got to be as patient as possible with Pop. He’s got a very difficult adjudge– adjustment to make, and it’s going to take time, that’s all.”
- The end credits roll runs at a slight tilt.