|← 509 →|
June 5, 1968
|We have 12 images of Dark Shadows 509|
- The great house of Collinwood is peaceful tonight. Sleep will come easily because the monster who so recently threatened two women of the house is thought dead, for it is agreed that no one, no matter what his strength, could survive a leap from Widows' Hill, and even the police think the body has washed out to sea. But in the village of Collinsport, a blind man who thinks himself alone in his house, finds that he is not.
Sam finds Adam in his house. Adam is seriously injured and clutching a knife, however when he senses that Sam is blind he drops the knife on the floor and lets Sam tend to him. They are interrupted by Timothy Stokes, and Adam runs away in fear.
- Lara Parker as Cassandra Collins
- Robert Rodan as Adam
- David Ford as Sam Evans
- Jerry Lacy as Tony Peterson
- Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters
- Thayer David as Timothy Eliot Stokes (uncredited)
Background information and notes
- First episode directed by John Weaver.
- This episode was pre-empted for the news of the Robert Kennedy assassination. Originally scheduled for June 6, it was shifted forward a day to June 7. This pushed a large quantity of episode numbers "out-of-sync", i.e Friday episodes ending in a 5 or 0, until 532/533 was double numbered.
- The original color master tape of this episode is lost, however a fair-quality, black-and-white kinescope copy still exists. There are several video and audio deficiencies.
- Although he appeared in several scenes, Thayer David is accidentally uncredited.
- The copyright date for this 1968 episode is given as 1967.
- Tony uses the alias of 'Arthur Hailey'.
- The key Cassandra gives to Tony is antique, gold Coptic cross. [Actually it's an Egyptian ankh symbol.]
- When Professor Stokes shows Victoria a silhouette that resembles Reverend Trask, she turns away and responds, "I'm sorry. I, I hoped I'd never have to see that face again."
- There's a different painting on Sam's easel from the last time it was shown.
- TIMELINE: Victoria says it was last week when the portrait of Angelique disappeared, (occurred in 498).
- Adam's time with Sam possibly alludes to Frankenstein's monster meeting the blind man, De Lacey.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- David Ford messes up his lines when he's talking to Adam. He says: "You know, it's kind of nice being taken care of for a change. A man can get fed up mighty quick with being taken care of."
- A cough from offstage can be heard as Cassandra is handing the key to Tony.