|← 506 →|
May 31, 1968
|We have 9 images of Dark Shadows 506|
- It has been a long, terrifying night at Collinwood, marked by the survival of a young woman and what appeared to be the self-destruction of a bizzare and strangely silent man named Adam. Almost all who witnessed his frightening jump from Widows' Hill to the rocky shore below, are convinced that he is dead and gone, carried off by the sea.
Barnabas and Willie search the shoreline for Adam, bickering about whether he survived the jump.
Elizabeth is very relieved to have Carolyn back, and tries to comfort her daughter by telling her that the mysterious man is most likely dead and washed out to sea. Carolyn is not comforted by this, and tells her mother that despite appearances, she was not afraid of her captor. She rather felt sorry for him, as he could barely speak and tried very hard to be gentle with her. Elizabeth is worried by Carolyn's attitude, but decides she just needs rest.
While Carolyn sleeps, Willie climbs up to her window and sneaks into her bedroom. Carolyn is frightened to find him there, and although he swears he won't hurt her, she orders him to leave before she starts screaming. Nearly mad with his desire to tell the dream, Willie grabs Carolyn and holds her still as he tells her the beginning. Carolyn bites his hand and struggles free. As she screams Willie runs away in fear.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Carolyn: You broke in my room to tell me about a dream?
- Willie: Just keep quiet so I can tell you the dream and then I'm going to go, okay? Alright, don't be quiet, but I'm gonna tell you the dream anyway!
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- John Karlen as Willie Loomis
- Addison Powell as Eric Lang (voice only, uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- The nightdress Joan Bennett wears will be later worn by Betsy Durkin in 635.
- There is a tape edit as Carolyn and Elizabeth talk in Carolyn's room.
- TIMELINE: 11pm: Carolyn at Collinwood. Day 211 begins, and will end in 510. 2am: Willie scales Collinwood.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Elizabeth says Adam held Carolyn prisoner for two days. However, the on-screen passage of time indicates that it was for one day, for the most of this one.
- As the scene in Carolyn's bedroom opens, she is holding a fork - yet the only food on the tray consists of a cup of tea and a sandwich. (Perhaps Mrs. Johnson toasts the bread too much.)