|← 1239 →|
March 16, 1971
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 1239|
- The great house at Collinwood in the year 1841. A time when unrelenting terror held sway over the Collins family. Haunted by a curse placed on them one hundred fifty years ago, by one of their own ancestors, every generation of the family has undergone death and madness. On this night, as the family waits to learn what terror the curse will bring them next, tragedy of another kind has just occurred at the Old House on the estate.
Bramwell tells Catherine that Daphne has died, and of her last request. Kendrick and Melanie are married. Julia is concerned that Morgan will become violent now that Bramwell is free to pursue Catherine; she asks Bramwell to leave, he refuses. Brutus Collins appears to Melanie; she becomes insane. Brutus warns that the lottery must be held again.
- Louis Edmonds as Brutus Collins
- Jonathan Frid as Bramwell Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Melanie Collins Young
- John Karlen as Kendrick Young
- Lara Parker as Catherine Harridge Collins
Background information and notes
- Final time an episode is narrated by John Karlen.
- Melanie and Kendrick's bridal suite is the same set that was previously for Victoria's room in the main-time band.
- There is a metal coat of arms at the bottom of the stairway in the foyer, previously this space was empty.
- Closing credits scene: Melanie's room.
- It was five years ago that Bramwell swore he'd return to Collinsport a rich man.
- GHOSTWATCH: Brutus' ghost appears to Melanie. Later, Brutus appears to Julia and Kendrick.
- TIMELINE: Day 453 begins, and will end in 1242. 12am: Kendrick and Julia in the drawing room.