|← 122 →|
December 6, 1966
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 122|
- My name is Victoria Winters. The sun is shining on Collinwood. It also shines on the Old House, in which I am held prisoner. There are nothing but shadows in the secret room behind a row of bookshelves which is my prison, and only one person guesses where I may be. It is an unpredictable small boy who may or may not tell what he knows.
Matthew sends David back to Collinwood, then the fugitive returns to the secret room where Victoria tries to fill his head with stories of David's unpredictability and untrustworthiness.
Carolyn calls Burke to complain about Elizabeth and Roger, but he's not in the mood. He hasn't slept since "night before last". David asks Carolyn about Matthew's guilt or innocence. He tries to implicate Roger in the attacks on Victoria and in the murder of Bill Malloy. He thinks he's smarter than everybody else; Carolyn thinks he's really a little monster. She tells him to face the fact that if Matthew has Victoria, then they'll never see her alive again.
Burke is mad at an underling and trying to get a hold of Blair. David visits, and offers his theories about Roger. David almost blabs his secret to Burke; Blair calls and Burke orders a private team hired to help find Victoria. Matthew orders Victoria to sleep and he tries to catch some winks. He begins hearing ghostly voices calling his name. Josette's portrait begins to glow.
Victoria attempts to convince Matthew he's been dreaming. Outside the secret room, he hears the voices again and sees lights in the portrait. The voice claims it's that of Josette Collins. Matthew is angry with Victoria for saying she didn't hear the voices, then for saying she did. Matthew begins to question his own sanity.
- ← Mitchell Ryan as Burke Devlin →
- ← Thayer David as Matthew Morgan →
- ← Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
- Betty Beaird as Ghost (voice only, uncredited)
- Jacqueline Bertrand as Ghost (voice only, uncredited)
Background information and notes
- GHOSTWATCH: The voices of the widows and Josette call out to Matthew. Josette's portrait glows.
- TIMELINE: It was a little while ago when the Sheriff was at Collinwood. Burke hasn't slept since the night before last.
Bloopers and continuity errors
- Carolyn picks up a phone and begins dialing. The scene switches to Burke's room, yet we continue to hear the sound of Carolyn dialing until Burke's phone rings.
End credits announcements
- What can be done for the mentally retarded child? Watch ABC's news special about a very special individual. See "The Long Childhood of Timothy" tonight on ABC.
- Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis Production.