|← 120 →|
December 4, 1966
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 120|
- My name is Victoria Winters. Morning has come to Collinwood and my bed is still empty. I may never sleep in that bed again for my searchers have not yet found me and my captor is a desperate man. Morning has come to the ghost house after a night of terror and the day holds no promise of salvation.
Matthew, not liking the sight of Victoria gagged, removes her gag but threatens to strangle her with the gag if she screams about, pleads with, or bothers him. Matthew says that Victoria's responsible for all the bad things that happened because "these months" she's been here she's been snooping and prying and peeking, etc.
David learns from Mrs. Johnson that Victoria is missing. The morose Mrs. Johnson thinks Victoria has been seen alive for the last time. She tells him of Burke and Joe's searching with guns based on the belief that Victoria might be with Matthew, and David says he's not afraid of Matthew, he trusts him more than other people. Mrs. Johnson enjoys the flavor of cigarettes. When Mrs. Johnson goes, David swipes food and her cigarettes. Mrs. Johnson comes back in and David says he's going out to look for Victoria. Mrs. Johnson places the blame for Victoria's vanishing at David's deserving feet.
Victoria hears David talking to Matthew when he brings him food and cigarettes. David is afraid things will be his fault because of Victoria losing her wallet yesterday while retrieving him. Matthew is creepy; David is disturbed. David wants to learn Matthew's secret. Matthew goes for water; David comes back with cigarettes, which he forgot to give Matthew, and Victoria muffles at him from the secret room. Since it's behind the fireplace, David looks to the portrait. But is he wise to the room's disguise?
Memorable quotes Edit
- Mrs. Johnson: But I’ll tell you this, I think we’ve probably seen the last of poor Miss Winters.
- David: No.
- Mrs. Johnson: Well, when I see men carrying guns, I know that death is somewhere around close.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Thayer David as Matthew Morgan →
- ← Clarice Blackburn as Sarah Johnson →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode only exists as a poor quality Kinescope copy.
- There are no crew members credited in this episode. Only the actors and the Dan Curtis Productions logo.
- TIMELINE: Day 20 begins, and will end in episode 126. It was last night when Burke and Joe searched for Victroia. It was yesterday when Victoria lost her wallet at the Old House.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Matthew describes it as months ago when Victroia came to Collinsport in episode 1. However, on screen evidence suggests less than a month has passed.